ENGAGE works through ELCA congregations to meditate, educate, and advocate for gun violence prevention.
We are a small, but growing group. We need volunteers to help us start respectful, Christ-centered conversations, find middle ground, and work together to reduce gun violence.
There is room for you at the table. Please contact us if you are interested in serving in the working group, or if you are interested in participating through:
- Donating your time and talents in writing, photography, graphic design, printing, events organization, or web design
- Hosting a gathering in your home or congregation to discuss gun violence prevention
- Accompanying a group to visit with elected officials
- Writing or calling elected officials to express your views on gun violence prevention. The names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers of your elected officials may be accessed: State Senators and House members (house.mn and senate.mn), and national leadership in Washington, DC (House.gov and Senate.gov).
- Contacting your congregation and synod leadership to express your concerns and/or willingness to take action
- Staying informed by subscribing to our blog and social channels
- Spreading the work of ENGAGE to congregations throughout Minnesota or other states